Abrasive blasting is a fundamental component of the oil & gas, steel fabrication, and marine industries. The clear trend across all industry sectors is towards the use of garnet abrasives. When compared to other abrasives, GMA Garnet™ provides a wide range of competitive advantages, including:
- High productivity – lower abrasive consumption, with lower labour and disposal costs
- A cleaner finish– little to no embedment, rough peaks and troughs
- Low dust – improved operator safety, reduced clean up costs
- Minimal health and safety risks – little to no risk to human health
- Recyclability – can be recycled several times, resulting in much less waste
- Environmental friendliness – no hazardous compounds or by-products
GMA Garnet™ is approved by leading paint manufacturers, and is the preferred abrasive among major oil companies, full-service shipyards, and international fabricators.
- Oil & gas
- Pipelines and steel fabrication
- Shipbuilding & maintenance
- Construction & infrastructure
We offer a complete range of garnet abrasives for any surface preparation requirement from removing resistant coatings and heavy rust to polishing glass and delicate restoration work.
GMA's ExtremeBlast is our coarsest garnet grade engineered for the most resilient coating removal jobs. The unique blend of both alluvial and hard rock garnet is ideal for many applications.
GMA ToughBlast™ is our most diverse blend of garnet engineered for the toughest coating removal jobs, up to 30 mil. The unique blend of both alluvial and hard rock garnet is ideal for tank exteriors, liners, rail car facilities, water towers, waste or water treatment facilities, and general maintenance.
Your most versatile maintenance grade abrasive.
GMA SpeedBlast is our fast cleaning, general purpose abrasive for a wide variety of less challenging industrial blasting requirements
GMA NewSteelTM is our high performance garnet that delivers the most efficient, cost-effective abrasive for lightly rusted surfaces and thin coatings. It provides an unrivaled speed at removing mill scale.