Coarse staurolite should only be selected when a heavy paint film is to be removed or a deeper profile is needed that cannot be obtained with our recommended Starblast® or Starblast® Ultra blasting abrasives.
Similar to other DuPont abrasives, coarse staurolite offers the same product advantages, such as:
- Greater blasting visibility due to considerably less dust generation
- Lower labor costs through faster, more efficient cleaning
- Less material costs due to reusability
- More uniform blasting pattern
- Guaranteed to contain <5% free silica, typically <3%, Starblast® XL guaranteed <1%
- Rounded to subangular grains result in less abrasive embedment
- Electrically nonconductive
- California Air Resources Board certified
- Starblast® XL is QPL approved form MIL-A22262A-SH
- Staurolite sand abrasives are available in:
- 22.7-kg (50-lb) multiwall paper bags
- 4,000-lb bulk bags
- Bulk carloads and truckloads.
Department of Transportation (DOT) Hazard Classification:* NOT REGULATED.
Typical Screen Analysis
U.S Sieve No
Sieve Opening, µm
Retained on Sieve
|*U.S. Sieve Series according to ASTM E-11-70.|
|Bulk Density (loose)||136 lb/ft3|