A full range of garnet abrasives for any surface preparation requirement from removing resistant coatings and heavy rust to polishing glass and delicate restoration work. GMA Garnet™ is approved by major paint manufacturers, preferred by major oil companies, shipyards, and international fabricators.
Coarsest grade for the toughest jobs
- Removal of exceptionally resistant specialist coatings, heavy liners, and marine foulings
- High suface profile of 3.5 - 4.5 mil or greater with exceptionally clean surface, enabling remarkable bonding of specialist coatings.
- Blast rates: Up to 280 ft²/hr
- Consumption rate: 2.5 - 3.5 lb/ft³
- Ideal for TSA preparation, coatings for extreme conditions, preparing critical components.
- Removal of high build coatings, pliable and flexible coatings including coal tar, inner liners and some marine coatings
- Offshore platform decking, tanks, piping, pressure vessels, ship hulls and ballast tanks
Engeneered blend for superior cleaning on tough jobs
- Fast removal of high build up coatings and/or heavy rust
- High surface profile from 3.0 - 3.75 mil with exceptionally clean surface, enabling ideal preparation for high build coatings
- Blasting rates: Up to 370 ft²/hr
- Consumption rate: 1.5 0 3.0 lb/ft²
- High performance 'all-around' garnet abrasive
- Heavy industrial maintenance
- Great on 2 coat systems, 3 coat systems, and heavy mil (thick) rigid coatings
- Offshore platform decking, tanks, piping, pressure vessels, ship hulls, and ballast tanks
Fast cleaning general purpose abrasive
- Fast removal of light-to-medium coatings and/or light-to-medium rust
- Efficiently produces surface profile from 2.5 - 3.25 mil with exceptionally clean surface, enabling ideal preparation for most industrial coatings
- Blasting rates: Up to 350 ft²/hr
- Consumption rate: 1.5 - 3.0 lb/ft²
- Light general industrial maintenance
- Construction and maintenance of commercial buildings, chemical plants, power stations, mining and processing equipment, gas and sewage plants, desalination and industrial plants
- Tanks, piping, pressure vessels, ship hulls, ballast tanks, and offshore platform decking
- Size 16 (Extra Coarse): removes very thick coatings (50-60+ mils) and rust. Can obtain a 4+ mil profile on steel.
- Size 36 (Coarse): removes thick coatings (20-50 mils). Typical mil profile between 3.5 - 4.5 on steel.
- Size 30/40 (Medium Coarse): removes heavy coatings and rust (20-40+ mils) while maintaining a consistent profile, typically ranging from 2.5 - 3.0 on steel surfaces.
- Size 30/60 (Medium): very common grade used for new steel and various types of maintenance work on coatings (ranging up to 20 mils) resulting in a typical profile between 2.0 - 2.5 on steel surfaces.
- Size 80 (Fine): typically used on more sensitive surfaces, typically produces a 1.5 - 2.0 mil profile on steel surfaces.
- Available in Ultra Fines: 90, 120, 150, 200, and 350
The range of abrasives are most suited for precision waterjet cutting, fine and delicate blast cleaning for graffiti and paint removal, stone or brick restoration; automobile, aerospace and boat restoration as well as new fabrication. It also is commonly used for blast etching of glass, aluminium, plastics and composites.
- Bags: 55/100lb
- Bulk Bags: 2000/4000lb
- Bulk: Per ton